Water Europe is the Data Controller in the GDPR sense. If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, you may contact the Data Controller by email at email@example.com.
Personal data we collect and purposes for which it is used
The Marketplace will collect and retain the following personal data:
- Your profile data, which includes your first name and surname, your address, your phone number, your picture and your email. This information is collected upon your registration and is used to contact you when necessary (e.g. to send you newsletters and questionnaires) and to connect you with Marketplace users who share your interests, in order to facilitate connections and build networks of stakeholders with shared interests.
- Your organization's affiliation and position within it, as well as information on products of the circular economy you have uploaded to the Marketplace. Additionally, the type of your interest in the Marketplace (e.g. Problem owner, Solution provider, Investor, Stakeholder). This information will be made available to other registered users who are interested in learning more about you and your participation in the Marketplace and the circular economy.
- Your declared interests and preferences around the circular economy, expressed through selected technologies, products and chosen keywords.
- Your browsing activity on the Marketplace and the web pages you visit, such as technology and product factsheets, along with time information. The recommender system of the Marketplace will use this information to provide you with personalized recommendations on products that you might be interested in or users who have similar interests to you.
Who has access to your personal data
- governmental authorities pursuant to applicable laws or court process, or as we reasonably deem necessary to prevent harm, financial loss, fraud or illegal activity;
- others pursuant to consent obtained from you.
Contractors and service providers that process personal data on our behalf must sign contracts with us that conform to the requirements of GDPR Article 28, Section 3 and other applicable laws. Examples of data processing services that may be done for us by contractors are the following:
- hosting of the Marketplace website;
- maintaining, improving, or expanding the marketplace's functionality;
- acquiring web analytics data; and
- performing other administrative services.
Regarding statistical analyses, we may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Marketplace. In particular, we may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of a service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the information gathered to contextualize and personalize ads on its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Transfers of personal data
We ensure that your Personal Data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization outside the European Union, unless you give us your prior consent for such a transfer.
Personal data retention criteria and time frames
We will retain your personal data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of its collection. We may also retain your personal data during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may delete your personal data for purposes that we determine necessary in our reasonable discretion.
Security of data
The Marketplace has been developed by adopting the "security by design and by default" approach. We use strong encryption to store sensitive data in the database and the transmission of personal data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Marketplace. Other reasonable precautions have been taken to secure your data and we maintain appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect personal data received or collected by us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Even though we do our best to protect your personal information, we can't guarantee that it will be completely safe.
The Marketplace does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from the Marketplace.
Rights available to you
As an individual whose personal data is gathered as part of the aforementioned services, you have, in principle, the following rights, to the extent that no legal exceptions are applicable in individual cases:
- The right to request access to personal data (GDPR Article 15)
- The right to rectification of personal data (GDPR Article 16)
- The right to be forgotten/right to erasure (GDPR Article 17)
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data (GDPR Article 18)
- The right to data portability (GDPR Article 20)
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data (GDPR Article 21)
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (GDPR Article 77)
- The right to withdraw your consent (GDPR Article 7 (3))