UWOT is a decision-support tool that allows users to compare different water management technologies (including water saving, recycling, treatment and drainage) at different scales. The tool simulates the urban water cycle by modelling individual water uses and technologies, and aggregates their combined effects at development scale. UWOT provides a range of technology combinations, which are ranked according to user-based criteria. This allows the user to determine which combination of technologies will be most appropriate or beneficial for their new development.
Owner of the product
National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
Christos Makropoulos (email@example.com), Dimitrios Bouziotas (Dimitrios.Bouziotas@kwrwater.nl), Stavroula Manouri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Actors, their roles and interactions
- Water utilities provide data concerning (waste) water supply and quality characteristics of the inflow (e.g. BOD)
- Municipalities provide data related to water demand (for example, for irrigation needs of an examined park) or other information about the area of their responsibility (for example, the area of an examined park).
- x86-64 CPU, preferably >= 8GB RAM and 256GB HD
- OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 7, 2008R2, Thin PC as well as Windows Server 2016, 2012, and 2012R2
- Dependencies: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable
- Rozos, E., C. Makropoulos, and C. Maksimovic (2013). Rethinking urban areas: an example of an integrated blue-green approach, Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, 13 (6), 1534-1542, doi:10.2166/ws.2013.140.
- Rozos, E., and C. Makropoulos (2013). Source to tap urban water cycle modelling, Environmental Modelling and Software, 41, 139-150, doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2012.11.015, Elsevier.
- Rozos, E., and C. Makropoulos (2012). Assessing the combined benefits of water recycling technologies by modelling the total urban water cycle, Urban Water Journal, 9 (1), doi:10.1080/1573062X.2011.630096.
- Rozos, E., C. Makropoulos, and D. Butler (2010). Design robustness of local water-recycling schemes, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management - ASCE, 136 (5), 531-538, doi:/10.1061/(ASCE)WR.19.
- Makropoulos, C. K., Natsis, K., Liu, S., Mittas, K., and D. Butler (2008). Decision support for sustainable option selection in integrated urban water management, Environ. Modell. Software 23(12), 1448-1460.
- Butler, D., Memon, F.A., Makropoulos, C., Southall, A. and Clarke, L. (2010). WaND – Guidance on water cycle management for new developments. C690 CIRIA, London.